Photoshop Gets GPU, Physics Acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.

christian summer

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
on an 8-core Skulltrail system.

so how exactly was this test determining the effects of adding the gpu to into the equation...to be quite honest i know a hell of a lot of graphic artist...i dont know a single one that owns a skulltrail ssytem...i am not trying to debunk how the gpu did help...but seriously they are running an 8 core cpu system...of course photoshop is gonna run impressively fast...

how about give us some results on a more typical dual core system with gpu acceleration on and then off...otherwise...this piece should have been titled "cs next runs like a champ on a 5 grand system"

-c

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Christian, if I'm not mistaken, I think they mean the Nvidia system manipulating a 2 GB, 442 megapixel image as fast/effective as a 5 megapixel image on an 8-core Skulltrail system. Nvidia is trying to take on Intel so I don’t think they will use an Intel system for demo of Nvidia’s tech.

G

Pinnacle (Avid) Liquid (Non-Linear Video Editing app.) has been doing GPU processing for the video effects for years. This is hardly a new technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.