Phylo: A Tablet Game To Advance Genetic Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Cool. These are games that are making an actual impact. Not that I don't like my mindless FPS games ;)

My PS3 and laptop are always being useful by Folding@Home pretty much 24/7.

Wonder if they are going to release a desktop version that "plays itself".

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
For all you know you could end up designing the next gen bio warfare DNA sequence... ever though of that? We could always design a scientific game and ask people how to design a Nuke or something of that sort with their ideas.....

xenolalia

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
What, alyoshka?

Science rocks! Sure, some bad people use science to make and do terrible things, but what's your point? Games like this are a great way to get the general public involved in the search for creative solutions to global problems.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
After all the mindless shooters it is nice to see something actually worth doing with all our computing power.
And before you thumb me down; I DO like the occasional rampage down main street with all guns blazing :)

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]Cool. These are games that are making an actual impact. Not that I don't like my mindless FPS games[/citation]
Hey I take offense to that! LOL. No really, everytime I get out of being in the hospital for a few days, I play Halo and drive around a warthog, wrecklessly. It seems to help me get my equilibrium back on track. It has to be THAT game. Everything else (Battlefield, specifically) moves too slow.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Intel...whatever AMD....not even close, the human brain is the best processor we have on the planet. It sees more the 1 or 0. Just think if a billion brains were working on these "games".

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
The very last game I played was Panzer General II. That was a very very long time ago. I just might give Phylo a try. After all, there is a possibility, however remote, that one could help solve a serious genetic problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.