Picture Dimming on Samsung LED w/ PS3

Solution
the backlight dims when darker scenes are on the screen and brightens up when there are brighter scenes. i know it can get annoying but it gives you the best picture at the moment.

perhaps you can turn off this feature... but i never really looked into it as it doesnt happen enough to bother me much.
the backlight dims when darker scenes are on the screen and brightens up when there are brighter scenes. i know it can get annoying but it gives you the best picture at the moment.

perhaps you can turn off this feature... but i never really looked into it as it doesnt happen enough to bother me much.

Solution

ApeEscape

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

You are the master of answering. My cases are always taken care of by you. I just wanted to say...Thank you.

littlebit

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

Two other things to consider:

1. Your TV may have an energy saving feature that is kicking in. You could try turning off any energy saving features and see if it remedies the problem.

2. Some TV's have an ambient response that changes brightness to compensate for changes in the light in the room, e.g. brightening when the room light is brighter so that the picture shows up better or dimming a bit when the room is darker so that it doesn't appear too bright.