PICTURED: The Google Phone Unboxed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
This doesn't look like it's anything special, and if it is running a normal version of Android then it is really just another Android phone on the market. Still good to see Android growing though, it is the best phone platform available.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]kyeana[/nom]hmmm.... hold out for this or switch to the droid?[/citation]

Hold out for this one. Word is they'll be selling them through retailers but without a contract and for a decent price, too. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure it's true, just that it's worth waiting to find out! :)

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Hold out for this one. Word is they'll be selling them through retailers but without a contract and for a decent price, too. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure it's true, just that it's worth waiting to find out![/citation]

If you're willing to go with GSM I'd wait for this. It will probably be a while before CDMA support comes to this phone since US is the only one that uses CDMA. If you like CDMA and don't need a slide out keyboard I would HTC Eris. Which appears to be a slightly downgraded version of this phone. Of course I am biased since I own the Eris, and love it and am patiently waiting for the Update to speed up the phone.

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Google track, retain, and sell the users data, private informations, etc... Google needs to give it out for free.

Anyone agree with me?

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
wow. I thought google phones had been out for over a year now. just shows what I haven't been into. imo a phone is a phone, I would be happy with just a regular ericsson. don't need to be chained to the internet everywhere I go. should have some fresh air some times.

kravmaga

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
[citation][nom]twu[/nom]Google track, retain, and sell the users data, private informations, etc... Google needs to give it out for free.Anyone agree with me?[/citation]

They should give you a free phone because of the data you let them datamine by using their free services? lol
Your data is only worth anything in context of a large userbase datapool which they use to correlate trends and tendencies for targeted ads. You wouldn't even have the data in the first place if you hadn't used google for free.
Think about it; what could you have bought with your data if you weren't letting goggle earn money from it?

No. What you should be given for free is the choice to opt out of the data collection program for privacy reasons. The only way to get that atm is to not use google.

paesan

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
I almost bought the Droid the day the news about this phone came out. If the specs are correct I would wait for the Nexus One. Biggest reason for me is the OLED screen and a rumored 1 gig processor.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Hold out for this one. Word is they'll be selling them through retailers but without a contract and for a decent price, too. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure it's true, just that it's worth waiting to find out![/citation]

I think you're right (the supposed OLED is what sold me.) Let the wait begin. :)

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I don't know about the "best" phones ever. My Touch Pro 2 I can't stand. It's flakey, the resistive touch screen was a stupid way to go in a capacitive world. Right off the bat the memory is 3/4 gone (unless you turn off Opera from running in the background). I should have gotten an Eris, or waiting for the BB Storm 2. :( oh well

theLaminator

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I understand they are going to sell this phone directly from retailers, but who will be providing service to this phone? AT&T, Verizon, Cellular South, etc... Just curious if anyone has any idea

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
[citation][nom]theLaminator[/nom]I understand they are going to sell this phone directly from retailers, but who will be providing service to this phone? AT&T, Verizon, Cellular South, etc... Just curious if anyone has any idea[/citation]

If ts gets contracted through a wireless provider then its going to be AT&T or T-mobile, more likely T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint need to drop the CDMA and go with GSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.