Pilot Flew Passengers for 13 Years On Fake License

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
A lot of job's on this planet require degrees, qualifications ect, but if you know what you're doing why not give it a shot anyway.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
"A pilot who flew passenger planes for a 13 years with a forged pilots license has been fined €2,000 and banned from flying for a year."

By the way, that only cost him 2k and a year ban?!!!...

"so I made myself a Swedish flying permit with a logo out of regular white paper. " Isn't that a crime?! No jail time for doing so?

ugh.... hmmmm...

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I guess it is kind of scary to think about at first... but if he flew for 13 years without crashing - I think it's safe to say he's not going to crash. May as well give him the license.

G

Im totally appalled that he would even think he could do such a thing like flying a plane without that little piece of paper telling him he has the skill to do it!

On a more serious note id much rather this guy with his 10k hours and no license flying me around than a noob with a license and only 200-300 hours, just as id rather a surgeon that's been performing surgery for 13 years successfully rather than a 20 year old nub fresh outta college

/troll face

rodney_ws

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
[citation][nom]HDmac[/nom]Well 10,000 hours of safe flying over 13 years is just as good as a license if you ask me![/citation]
Gonna respectfully disagree on this one. A licensed pilot would likely have more emergency training... so although nothing has happened to this "pilot" yet... should something bad come up, it could get really ugly. It's still an interesting story and maybe someone will give him a second chance in a year when his ban is up.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
It's like this. Anybody can learn to drive a car. It is just proof that you did pass and know what you are doing (somewhat). It is to cover your ass. Same thing with this. It is to cover the airlines ass. If he were to crash, would the above comments be the same. I don't think so!!! Not only he would pay a fine but he would probably lose everything he has/owns and prison time.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
he was a good pilot, perfect flying record, better than most actually... though now he being tied up with red tape and thrown outside with the dogs. pity.

G

agree with rodney_ws post.. air travel is very safe. but it is when something goes wrong, this is where fully trained pilot will have a much better chance of survival. Just like driving a car. even very bad driver can drove for years without crashing, but when accident do occur, it's a split secs decision between life or death where good drivers have much better chance of surviving.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I believe this just shows that government licenses mean nothing. You should never feel more safe just because someone has been license by any government agency. That just means that they passed the government's low standards(which they usually are) to meet the minimum standards. It is usually the industries that these "licensed" individuals work in that set the proper standards that really makes an impact on safety and you can be sure that this pilot was trained by the airline before he made his first flights.

Government standards mean little and licenses mean even less. I have met some real idiots that hold license to do all sorts of things, from medicine, to law, to many other professional-level jobs. I would put my live into the hands of unlicensed people before I would some licensed individuals.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]A lot of job's on this planet require degrees, qualifications ect, but if you know what you're doing why not give it a shot anyway.[/citation]
yeah..he proves anyone can fly a 747

retardedspleen

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I disagree with the people saying he didn't possess the skill in crutch situations. In pilots training they dont teach you what to do when the roof flys off.. not to mention he already knew how to fly a plane. he was a trained pilot. just not for commercial airlines. you think theres a big difference in the safety book?

Its just like driving a car. you see PLENTY of horrible drivers on the road with a license. they wernt trained what to do in an emergency. its experience. he had plenty.

retardedspleen

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I disagree with the people saying he didn't possess the skill in crutch situations. In pilots training they dont teach you what to do when the roof flys off.. not to mention he already knew how to fly a plane. he was a trained pilot. just not for commercial airlines. you think theres a big difference in the safety book?

Its just like driving a car. you see PLENTY of horrible drivers on the road with a license. they wernt trained what to do in an emergency. its experience. he had plenty.

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I disagree with the above posts about something going wrong. Pilot training would just be textbook about what to do in emergency situations, something this guy could of easily read on his own. Its the simulator that he got his training from. A flight simulator can easily be made to simulate emergency situations, better then any textbook or paper training. He had the same level of access to training materials as a licensed pilot would of had.

Honestly he should of just taken the test and got his license, but who knows what paperwork / requirements were present.

I see situations like this all the time (paper vs experience) in the IT field. You have lots of guys that are cert monkeys, they do nothing but use testking.com to study the tests and get lots of paper under their belt. But when it comes time to actually ~do~ something they don't know what to do and are basically worthless, well not quite their good at getting coffee. Something the IT field is learning the hard way, experience > paper every time. Just HR likes papers cause their nice and neat and easy to quantify.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]I believe this just shows that government licenses mean nothing. You should never feel more safe just because someone has been license by any government agency. That just means that they passed the government's low standards (which they usually are) to meet the minimum standards.[/citation]

I don't know where you live, but in the United States, becoming an airline pilot flying big jets is no simple task (a 737 is no puddle hopper prop commuter that people can get hired on for a few hundred hours). It takes years of experience and constant training and refresher training in simulators several times a year. This guy was flying the big iron. He wouldn't have gotten away with that in America and our government FAA standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.