Pine Smartwatch Sheds Smartphone Tether

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
I understand the appeal here, I really do - I'm looking forward to the day when I can replace my smartphone with a watch. But this device is just way too big. The tech is simply not ready yet. Give it a curved screen that moulds to your arm, and reduce the depth by a load, and you've got yourself a winner.

rutherfordsc

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
@Steveymoo That's a totally valid stance, and a lot of people feel that other watches like the LG G3 and Gear Live arent ready yet, but it is nice to see someone take a different approach.

I don't think the wearable industry is at a point yet where they have really nailed the form factor.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
That thing is a pig! Wow geek much? At least that is what I would hear constantly if I walked around with that monster on my wrist. Pretty soon someone will come out with a phablet on a band and say - "Look! New smart watch!"

RudeReality

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Because no one is wearing a MASSIVE watch right now, even though huge standard watches that do nothing more than tell the time are all the rage right now? ROFL! A full function smartwatch that replaces your pocket-burdening handheld is laughable to you? Yeah, and the larger Samsung Galaxy series that was so ridiculed at launch failed, right? Oh, yeah, it is now the major completion to the iPhone- who, by the way, is launching their own larger version. Go ahead, keep your pocket anchor, I will happily 'geek much' as I stroll around with my powerful mini wrist computer, pockets empty, communication needs met. Until someone creates a more ergonomic curved-screen unit with the same or more function, the Pine is the killer app. Some thought that this would be the forthcoming iWATCH, but were/are disappointed to find it is NONE of those things. Keep laughing, you know what they say about he who laughs last...

Status
Not open for further replies.