Pink Screen (I feel like I've tried everything!)

ir8it8

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016
My laptop's screen always has a light pink tint to it. Sometimes, it flickers from a normal tint to a pink tint for a couple of seconds, but that's the only deviation from the tint. I've tried SO MANY things to try and isolate the issue, but I cannot figure it out:

1) I checked if my video cable was loose. I tightened the connections, but I still had the pink tint.
2) Then I decided to replace my video cable in case it was damaged. Still had the same issue. Everything I've read about this issue pointed to something wrong with the video cable so unless I did something wrong, I was very disappointed to learn that it wasn't.
3) I then replaced the screen with a new one, but I'm still stuck with the same problem.
4) I updated my graphics drivers, but surprise...no luck.
5) I plugged in my laptop to an external monitor and the external monitor had a normal tint...

This is exhausting and frustrating, but I'm too far in deep that I don't want to give up and take it to the expensive laptop repair guy. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I had a laptop, that had resolution of 1280x800, after reinstalling windows with the recovery discs that came with the laptop, the resolution dropped to 1080x768 with constant white screen during use, you had to close the lid for few seconds then it would disappear when the lid was opened. So graphic drivers never installs correctly when you do it the normal way. So its possible your graphics drivers is setting up your laptop monitor correctly, check the refresh rate of your monitor and see its below or over specs. Also check if your laptop monitor requires its own driver, well my desktop acer monitor does, did improve crispness when installed although it function normally without it. I have not used a laptop for sometime or long enough to know whether a driver for the monitor is needed. If it is then try installing the monitors drivers first then graphics drivers or vice versa.

Double check inverter of the screen, this would need opening up the laptop and screen, since you replaced screen and cables, its possible the connection on the board for the cable needs attention. Check for corrosion, usually a spray sold in hardware stores can remove build up dont use Q20 or WD40 sprays.

Also check this link out:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/318385-33-screen-purple-tint