Pink Screen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Trinket

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Hello,
I am using an HP Pavillion Entertainment PC. Last night I was online and everything was fine and suddenly the whole screen went bright pink. There was no other option but to force a manual shutdown by powering off. On startup, the screen had vertical green and blue lines. Recovery options are not working. Returning to a previous restore point isnt working. Startup repair is not working. Tried using repair disk. Didnt work. Memory diagnostics is 100% passed, as is hard disk test. Tried reinstalling windows 7 from the disk but it just goes to system recovery options again. Is there any way to bypass the BIOS and the recovery tools and simply reinstall? It has to be a system error and not the screen. The error message on system restore is 0x8000ffff.

Trinket

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, so I got windows 7 to reinstall, but there are now faint blue vertical lines all down the page. Under device manager, there is no graphics driver installed. When I tried to dl the Nvidia driver the site said was compatible, it crashed and froze everything and I had to install windows AGAIN. So here I am without a graphics driver cause Id rather not have to go all the way back to step one again. I tried twice to dl the AMD graphics card and driver, and both times it said install was successful, but it isnt showing anywhere on my system as being installed

Phoneme

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

i have the same issue with my laptop screen and ive already tried an external monitor and its OK so as a result of that i purchased a new screen and VGA cord at ebay but the problem persist.. somebody help me please