Pinnacle Studio 18 Plus vs Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X7

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblanch

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
I have been looking through the forums and have narrowed my choice down to these 2 video editing programs that i think would be good for me.

The one that has more content like effects and other things like that would be my first choice, but i dont know if one performs better than the other. some knowledgable information would be awesome since i am new to these products.

What are your experiences or opinions with these 2 and which one would you recommend.?

Solution
I have Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 (Ultimate) and find it easy to use. Performance wise I have never had any problems with any of the versions of VideoStudio. Interestingly enough both come from Corel. Corel purchased Pinnacle from Avid just over 2 years ago. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these two.

Reviews of both from Tom's Guide
Pinnacle Studio 18 Review: Great Interface and Controls
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X7 Review
Best Video Editing Software 2015

VidEdit_MAIN_chart_NEW.png
Solution

Antti Hyytiainen

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
From the linked VideoStudio review:

Overall, basic tools — such as splitting, trimming and rotating — were easy to find and use. But it's frustrating that you can have only one video track in your project. You can still overlay video on top of another clip by using the overlay track, but you can only apply effects to media on the main video track. Granted, novices probably won't need to add effects to more than one video track, but it would be nice to have the flexibility to do so.
This is inaccurate. You can apply video effects to any video clip on any video track - it doesn't matter whether it happens to be called an overlay track or a video track. I rarely even use the main video track when I'm working on a project, because the main video track requires the clips to be bundled up, with no empty 'space' (frames) between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.