Pioneer VSX-44 no sound on TV

seanquirk

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
I have the set top box connected to the receiver via HDMI and then to the TV with the single TV out (also HDMI). Surround sound works great, but i get no sound back to the TV. I want to be able to turn down the surround sound and use the TV volume (like late at night). Also when turning off the receiver, there is no picture and sound output to the TV.

Is there some sort of bypass mode that will still output sound to the TV when the receiver is in use. Also when it is shot off to display both picture and sound to the TV?

Thanks,
Sean

RC1234

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
I have the same issue but do not see the HDMI bypass you are talking about.
i want to use my TV as my front speaker but have no sound and dont see the HDMI bypass in the setup screen.
Help....

seanquirk

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
Hi RC1234,
Find the PDF maual for the VSX-44 on the CD provided or online. On page 59 is the directions for HDMI setup. Basically go to the home menu for the receiver, then HDMI setup. Choose "last" for the standby through setting. That way when you turn off the receiver it will pass through the cable box (or last input selected) through to the TV. That is what I needed. By the way, you cannot have sound out of the receiver and the TV at the same time as far as I understand. Hope that helps.

seanquirk

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015

Hi RC1234,
Find the PDF maual for the VSX-44 on the CD provided or online. On page 59 is the directions for HDMI setup. Basically go to the home menu for the receiver, then HDMI setup. Choose "last" for the standby through setting. That way when you turn off the receiver it will pass through the cable box (or last input selected) through to the TV. That is what I needed. By the way, you cannot have sound out of the receiver and the TV at the same time as far as I understand. Hope that helps.