Solved! Pioneer VSX-930 with PS4 Pro Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2018
I’m trying to pass for 4K by my PS4 Pro through my AV Receiver Pioneer VSX 930, to my Philips PUS657601.
After several tries, and several hours of search I setup the Receiver and TV (4:4:4) to get the amazing 4K resolution with HDR (RGB availabe on PS4 Pro)... That’s what I thougt, but I only solve part of the problem.
After one minute of play time I notice a hundreds of little blinking white dots, image blinked, and it even turns all black for seconds!!! Just impossible to play even if the image is 4K with HDCP 2.2 and HDR on.
I used the available HDMI ports that supports 4K (1, 2 and BD) and I used HDMI Platinum Monster Cables for it without success. Firmware of all products are up to date.
When I conect the PS4 Pro directly to the TV it works perfectly at max resolution with HDR on. No dots, no blinking and no black screen.
Any solution for this?!

Thanks.

Solution
Problem seems to be the receiver.
Try turning off any upscaling or video processing in the receiver.
Check the specs of the receiver. Does it support 4;4;4 and HDR? Check the owners manual
I don't think the cable is your problem but I would suggest you try a different HDMI cable. I have had some weird problems with Monster HDMI cables in the past. Even if the cable works from the PS4 to the TV doesn't mean it will work from the receiver to the TV.
Problem seems to be the receiver.
Try turning off any upscaling or video processing in the receiver.
Check the specs of the receiver. Does it support 4;4;4 and HDR? Check the owners manual
I don't think the cable is your problem but I would suggest you try a different HDMI cable. I have had some weird problems with Monster HDMI cables in the past. Even if the cable works from the PS4 to the TV doesn't mean it will work from the receiver to the TV.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.