Question Pioneer VSX-LX303 Dropping video

Oct 15, 2021
I own a Pioneer VSX-LX303 that I've been using for a couple years very successfully. Within the past week, it started glitching on the video out to my tv... specifically if I changed the volume of the receiver ( either by remote or on by front knob on the reciever). It'll flash out for a few seconds (black screen/no signal)... sometimes coming back on on its own, sometimes not (at which point if I change sources back and forth a couple times it usually restores, other wise I power cycle).

It happens with at least a couple different sources (my Xbox One and Apple TV). Nothing has changed with the output (same tv, same hdmi cable). I tried swapping the tv cable to the other output of the receiver - same thing. I also tried bringing in a totally different monitor and cable... same thing. In fact, if I enabled both outs at the same time, I see the glitch happen simultaneously on both monitors.

I can't think of anything else to try - given the different inputs and outputs that this happens with, it really seems like it's an internal problem. Is my receiver dying or can anyone suggest anything else to try?

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Audio 0
FelSan13 Audio 3
Skye02 Audio 0
C Audio 0
Aindzheyan Audio 0
D Audio 0
D Audio 1
fdakis Audio 1
S Audio 10
S Audio 0