Pitcher Uses iPhone to Self-diagnose Appendicitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldduck

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]mi1ez[/nom]Disabled?[/citation]
Probably Jobs thought that his use of the iPhone was unappropriated and "disabled" him from iTunes :D

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
android could of done it or google? theirs nothing magical about the iphone that any other computer cant do iphone just has more sheeple users. I hate these type of titles.... Are they ever gonna be headlines "Android saves man buried under rubble" no. It should be "Pitcher Uses Smart phone to Self-diagnose Appendicitis.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Let me ask this question... WHY DO WE CARE THAT HE USED HIS IPHONE? Why is that that anytime anyone uses some apple product to do something that MILLIONS of other products also do and did so before that particular product even existed, that we have the urge to report it as news? The way you have this worded it makes it sound like that if he had a droid or palm phone that he would not have been able to diagnose his condition. Congratulations another misleading horrible apple propaganda article Marcus.

What about the European president that "ran his country" from his ipad? Shit, how long has our president used a computer to conduct business while away? So why all the reporting on the common crap that apple products can do? Were the apple zombies not aware that the WebMD site was accessible through the iphone and this article is aimed to let people know that their almighty phone can view *gasp* a WEBSITE? Unless the iphone itself did the appendectomy, WE DON'T CARE. period. We want to know about new technologies, benchmarks, hardware, etc. That's why we come here.

asiaprime

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]"Android saves man buried under rubble" [/citation]

omg a robot saved a man!! I'd want to read that article!!
I didn't kno that robots were that advanced!! /sarcasm

I would have to guess why they don't use android for the title... I would've preferred your other title too.

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Breaking News!!!

My roommate used his Iphone to find a near by pizza joint. Media doesn't see how such a feat could have been accomplished before Apple released their Iphone.

G

Lol calm down, sure he could of done it on another device but this particular pitcher owned an iphone and thats what he used to access the information. The "highlight" (if you can call it that) of the article isn't the iphone its the fact that some sportmans with little/no medical background self diagnosed himself with a mobile device (in this instance an iphone). Additionally I'm not an Apple fan but the iphone (whether you like it or not) has made it very easy/fun to access and use all kinds of data in a way that previous smart phones could only dream of. You can thank apple for the platform, but its the ingenious app writers that we should be praising.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bodine74[/nom]I think this article should be commending WebMD, a utility available to anyone with the internets...[/citation]
I was just going to say that very same thing. He could just as easily have diagnosed himself with an Android phone, or a laptop. The iphone is incidental here.

Ransom22

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
@Camikazi Exactly. Kudos to WebMD for having the information and to Mr. Stauffer for having the where-with-all to look for it.

erdinger

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
Relax guys it was an iphone he used so the writer of the story is going to tell you that it was an Iphone. If he knows which specific devise it was why shouldn't he tell you?

Don't you want your news to be as specific and presice as possible???

I don't like apple products to but you guys have some problems

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
If you have pain, take a pain killer... if the pain persists or worsens, seek medical attention from your doctor or go to the emergency room... I'm not seeing where someone would need an iphone in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.