Play GameBoy Games on Your NES

Status
Not open for further replies.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Oh my but for me it may be about time for me to replace the lithium cells on my pokemon blue through crystal before I lose my saves. I have had a copy of pokemon gold for about 9 years now and counting.

requiemsallure

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Oh my but for me it may be about time for me to replace the lithium cells on my pokemon blue through crystal before I lose my saves. I have had a copy of pokemon gold for about 9 years now and counting.[/citation]

indeed, my pokemon gold battery died, although blue is still running strong... for however much sense that makes. i have a mew on it too, its easier to get than you would expect.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Oh my but for me it may be about time for me to replace the lithium cells on my pokemon blue through crystal before I lose my saves. I have had a copy of pokemon gold for about 9 years now and counting.[/citation]

Remove that battery, and you're going to lose your saves. You'll have to parallel a battery to the existing one with some leads while you remove the old one. I've done it before with old NES games, and it works good. Just solder some light leadwires temporarily to the board and attach them to a good battery (make sure polarity is correct). Unsolder the bad battery while making sure the temporary leads stay soldered. Solder in new battery, unsolder temp leads. Works like a champ.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Neat, kinda. But i don't see why someone would pay $130 for this. It's kinda in the same ballpark as developing a token ring interface for an Atari 2600. If you want to play gameboy games on the big screen, either emulate, or get a Super Gameboy adapter (for like $10 on eBay) and slap it in a Super Nintendo (like $30 or less). Will do the same thing, and costs a hell of a lot less. I do give him credit for developing it, but it's not really a $130 item.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
$130 huh... hm. Just add $70 and you'll get a friggin black wii with wii resort + extra motionplus.

Ok ok so you want to be classic, then burn your money.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Emulators! I remember coming across an iso online with hundreds of nes/genesis/gb/gbc/snes games on it that self booted in a dreamcast. Worked fairly well from what I remember. I'm sure even an Atom processor would have no issue running these games on an HTPC.

G

What some of you are missing is that one (1) person custom fabricated his own system. There was no known device that allowed you to play game boy games through the NES until now. This guy is a genius.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
This is a niche market thing, and if I won the lotto or had some 6 figure job... I would 100% buy one of these. Never mind the fact that I would also have a small museum set up in a large room in my house full of other video games from the past and memorabilia. Ahhh one can dream...

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]segio526[/nom]Emulators! I remember coming across an iso online with hundreds of nes/genesis/gb/gbc/snes games on it that self booted in a dreamcast. Worked fairly well from what I remember. I'm sure even an Atom processor would have no issue running these games on an HTPC.[/citation]

I remember making some of those, you might have seen some of my work :) or maybe not lol there where so many back then. SB Inducer and all that. I still have the very best NES disk for DC ever made... Unreleased :p lol

No I didn't code SB or any of that I just did a lot of work with renaming files (it take a lot of testing to sort through 6,000 NES rom files for working ones and dumping clones and hacks to fit good copies in the size of a CDR) I can't count how many hours I spent creating my own custom NES and GBC disks. A waste of time? yes. Fun? YES!!! NES emulation on the DC was nearly perfect and in some ways better then the original :)

Status
Not open for further replies.