Play Movies From MacBook Pro Onto A TV Without Cord

lathbrunt

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
Hey guys,
I was thinking about getting a MacBook Pro soon and also a TV for my room. I was wondering if their was anyway to play the movies or TV Shows onto a TV without having to use a cord or a USB. So in theory i would like it if i didn't have to get up from my bed. Also i have not bought a TV yet so if their is only a certain type of TV that does it i can get that one.
Thank you very much.

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Some TV's like the Samsung have the Smart Screen (I don't know if it works with apple) but on a Android device if they are both on the same LAN you can mirror your screen on to it. In your case though getting an Apple TV is what you need. Connect the Apple TV to the TV and then to the Wifi and you can use it to at least stream video. Dont know about making it a second monitor. Not a Mac expert but if you are just trying to make it a second/mirrored display wirelessly the hardware to do so can be expensive. If it is just for streaming video you already have that is a different story but either way need some extra hardware.

lathbrunt

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

Yeah its just to play things that are on my Mac onto the TV without using a cord or usb or anything. I was thinking that maybe a smart tv could do this over the wifi maybe??

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
I know samsungs have AllShare which is a program you install on the PC and give it a folder so that when ever it is on and you open the all share app on the TV you can watch them. I'm sure other TV's have similar features.