Play record player through speakers or tv without receiver

dquigley

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
I have a TTUSB Ion turntable and want to be able to hook it up to my LG tv or a set of external speakers (something like this http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SS-B1000-4-Inch-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B000OG88KY/ref=pd_sim_e_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JPWYMJKCP22PMRVG7AB). I want a simple solution to play music without having buy a receiver and complete stereo system? I think that the turntable has a built in pre-amp and it does have a switch on the back RCA phone/ RCA line. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The speakers you link to would require an amplifier with volume control. You can connect powered speakers to the turntable. You can try to connect it to your TV using the audio connection of an unused input. The TV may not work without video as well so you could use the video out of another device into the corresponding video connection for the same input.

I have had some bad results connecting audio equipment directly to powered speakers without going through a pre-amp.

The issue is that much of the equipment puts out a lower signal that those speakers can work with well and you may end up with very low volume.