News Playing my PS5 makes me want a PS5 Pro — here's why

Irewolfman

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2007
I have a PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5.

My opinion is PRO ruined it.
If we never had a pro, we wouldn't have the option of performance and quality. They would have just done the best they could.
Now PS4 game are base, even on PS5.
Unless a game is PS5 only do we see true games.
Games upgraded to PS5 are better but still only PS4 games with extras.
New engines are needed to harness the new consoles. To use there potential. Making a PS5 Pro, which in my opinion will never happen would make it more complicated.

PS4 Pro was made for 4k.
PS5 already supports 8k.
The next PS will be 6!

Mar 29, 2021
Having just recently gotten myself an Xbox Series X, I know exactly what you mean. The console still just feels like an Xbox One X, except with better performance on games. Like, the addition of a performance mode for Cyberpunk 2077 (which frankly should have already been on my Xbox One X) makes the game feel way better to run. But it really bothers me that next gen is literally just the same as the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, a generation of compromises. That forces the choice between 4K, with more graphic settings on, or 60FPS at a lower resolution. It's frustrating that we're still being forced to choose between one or the other. I was hoping that would have been a thing of the past, and that was what it felt like the marketing of both consoles said. I mean, 8K gaming? That's a complete joke. These consoles still suck at 4K gaming right now on a lot of bigger games. 8K gaming is a total pipe dream right now. If they can't handle 4K 60FPS, then there's no way in hell that they'll even be able to do 8K at 30FPS on any big games.

Mar 30, 2021
Not to beat a dead horse, but if you don’t like having to choose between performance and quality, then you should be using a pc. wishing they stuck with low quality so you didn’t have to choose is a dumb argument , and The whole “I just want to plug and play” is such horse shit, because it’s never going to be that simple anyway. I doubt your going to see any improvement as games move into exclusive ps5 or Xbox series x games vs remasters. It’s going to be the same clunky gameplay with quality settings or the same low textured or simplified environments for 60fps. They simply do not have the hardware to offer 4K with high quality graphics. Basically not next gen, not even remotely next gen. Just another over sell with the one and only perk of being able to hit 60fps at all. And if they try for 8k they are doing everyone a huge disservice because the human eyes can barley tell the difference and it uses up hardware that could be better focused on higher graphics in 4K. I stand by that my 1060 in 1080 p on ultra will create a overall more immersive experience then either console with quality turned up in 4K. It took me an hour to put my pc together and the new m.2 drives make updates take less then 5 minutes, you keep buying junk they will keep making junk. My response to the article not the comments. If you buy a ps5 for exclusives, that’s valid. I might have to get a ps4 once are going for 150 bucks and will prob do the same with the ps5.