Playing sound with Bluetooth speakers and Analog speakers on PC?

czehner13

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014
I don't know a whole lot about speakers and audio components of computers, but I just bought Bluetooth speakers and started to use them instead of my analog logitech speakers w/ subwoofer. I realized after replacing them that I miss having the subwoofer and I just want the subwoofer with the Bluetooth speakers. I have 2 questions that correspond with this:

1. Can I successfully use 2 entirely different sets of speakers for output in my PC? If so how do I go about doing this?

2. Is it possible since the subwoofer has the audio (green) jack and the speakers that go along with it are on their own seperate jack to the subwoofer that I can disconnect the left and right speakers to it and just have the subwoofer playing the lower frequencies?

Thanks and any help is appreciated!

czehner13

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014

Even if I have multiple axillary ports for speakers (not just green, there's one specifically for subwoofers I believe)?

The problem is not lack of outputs. You can't use more than one audio output device at the same time. No BT with wired audio at the same time if the BT transmitter is internal to the PC. It's not like video where multiple outputs to displays is expected.
You could connect an external BT transmitter to the green output and the sub directly to the black output. Turn off internal BT and pair the speaker with the external transmitter.
Set the audio device for the wired connection and let the outboard BT do the wireless part.

czehner13

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014

My bluetooth transmitter is an external usb dongle, not internal, would this still be possible even with it not being transmitted from the green output?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DakiMC Audio 1
Kraken421 Audio 0
S Audio 0
A Audio 0
shahriar.ratul3123 Audio 6
M Audio 0
C Audio 2
coolguy76 Audio 1
P Audio 0
Nonamekeke Audio 0
billsam Audio 1