PlayStation 3 Plays Crysis 2 Better Than Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
well hasnt the ps3 been mooing better specs for a while and considering it was released over a year after xbox released it should be higher spec..

looks like the dawn of ps3 has finally started to come of age..

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
This is hardly a surprise given that the PS3 is potentially more powerful than the 360, but it takes an awful lot of work to harness that potential.

Either way I don't care because Crysis 2 isn't touching my PS3 - it's mouse and keyboard crossfire 5870s all the way.

1st duke of marlborough

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
As long as there are MMO's, RTS's, and RPG's the PC will never die. FPS's may dwindle, but then they're a dime a dozen anyways (plus the only good ones anymore are from Valve, which seems to be committed to the PC via Steam).

siman

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Its about time someone has coded a game right for it...all the other are limited by the 360. The ones that haven’t look beautiful aka Killzone 2 and MAG is just awesome.

G

it's mouse and keyboard with a ATI 5670 video card it the only way to play!
COnsole are for kids!

ss78

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
I would gather it's the PS3's cell processor that is the culprit. The graphics chip on the PS3 was known to be slightly inferior to the Xbox360's but the cell processor was touted as extremely powerful when used to its full potential.

It is certainly about time the PS3's cell showed its teeth but until both versions are completed, released and then compared/reviewed, we won't know for sure.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
I can't wait for rabid fanboys saying how 133t their console is and how dismal is.
Ok, you bought a console. They are not cheap considered your buying power, so you want to comfort yourself by thinking you made the best choice. Comforting yourself includes talking trash about the other console, because obviously it makes yours look better.
You'll probably get that there is no obvious wrong choice when you are finally 12.

That makes me so glad I have a PC.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
For me.. crysis 2 isn't even on my radar for at least another year... because by then the hardware that will play it @ full potential will be cheap enough for me to buy.. and the game will be in the $20 bargain bin.. so win win for me. :)

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]1st duke of marlborough[/nom](plus the only good ones anymore are from Valve, which seems to be committed to the PC via Steam).[/citation]

The day steam move onto console platforms is indeed the greatest blow to be delivered to us PC gaiz

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]This is hardly a surprise given that the PS3 is potentially more powerful than the 360, but it takes an awful lot of work to harness that potential.Either way I don't care because Crysis 2 isn't touching my PS3 - it's mouse and keyboard crossfire 5870s all the way.[/citation]

You can use a mouse and keyboard on the PS3, so it should just be: "- it's crossfire 5870s all the way"

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
[citation][nom]sstym[/nom]I can't wait for rabid fanboys saying how 133t their console is and how dismal is. [/citation]

I meant "how dismal the other console is".
Why don't I get the edit button in the forum view? It did recognize i was logged in.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]sstym[/nom]I can't wait for rabid fanboys saying how 133t their console is and how dismal is. Ok, you bought a console. They are not cheap considered your buying power, so you want to comfort yourself by thinking you made the best choice. Comforting yourself includes talking trash about the other console, because obviously it makes yours look better.You'll probably get that there is no obvious wrong choice when you are finally 12. That makes me so glad I have a PC.[/citation]

I have a 360, PS3, Wii, and a gaming computer. PS3 > 360 < comp. Then it just comes down to control preference really.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]sstym[/nom]I meant "how dismal the other console is".Why don't I get the edit button in the forum view? It did recognize i was logged in.[/citation]
Go to the forums and edit your post.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]You can use a mouse and keyboard on the PS3[/citation]

Yeah, but other than the Orange Box what other FPS games accept mouse-keyboard as input?

Status
Not open for further replies.