PlayStation 4 Unboxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
That box is fugily, my pc case came in better box then that. why sony why!!

(Iyts soo tiny) :( is tis really the next gen console, well for 399 its okay i guess, mustexplain why xbones 499

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Headset? iPhone ear buds look way better! But at $399 and good console hardware specs I can overlook it for now :) Cant wait for real XBOX1 vs PS4 reviews!

sirskeetsalot2013

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
that other tomsguide info on the ps4 about used games and spying is funny as hell.

Potentially more troubling for the everyday user is Section 7, which deals with resale: "You must not resell either Disc-based Software or Software Downloads, unless expressly authorized by us and, if the publisher is another company, additionally by the publisher."

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Pretty neat to see all of this ahead of time. But on a side note, I was disappointed with the delivery of the un-boxing. It seemed too casual. People have been awaiting to see this stuff for quite some time and you have a special chance to show everyone before they even have the chance to touch the box. Just my two cents.

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I can't even watch the video, currently on a 6 meg connection. lol. I'll have to watch it at home later on, where I have fiber.

It's it full 1080p?

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I cancelled my PS4 pre-order on Amazon. One of the games I wanted for it, Drive Club, has been delayed until March 2014. Further, Gran Tourismo 6 is only going to be for the PS3 and not PS4. Other games like BF4 I'm getting for the PC (after a GPU upgrade).

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I'm waiting 2 years before I think about buying either console. It will be about that long when developers start weening off of the last gen consoles.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Internal power supply adds to heat inside. When the PS3 came out, it sounded like a hairdryer on high after 10 minutes of watching a blu-ray. Maybe the 4 in PS4 means we can turn the volume of the fan up to 11 instead of 10?

Camera $60 extra and only functions for comms and with move controllers @ another $50 each (why does the system need additional motion controllers in this day and age)?

So, to truly get the near the same functionality as what you get out of the box for $500 with Xbox One, you pay about $510 with the PS4.

Oh.. And PSN+ is another $50. So the buy-in price is lower on the PS4, but so is the overall functionality. That will help some people get in on the next-gen with this console, but there's no really great functionality outside of a graphics upgrade with this console... although the console shape will perfectly match all of the other inefficiently-designed parallelogram-shaped decor in your entertainment center (because we all have some of those lying about!).

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.