Is the full version of home being released or the open beta?
Buser assured the website that the virtual community would launch by the end of the year, but not until after a successful launch of the Home open beta. Currently the software is still closed to the general public
I am so unlucky to get the beta code through Sony promotions...
PlayStation Home is so bad:
1. Graphics looks like the PS1 age.
a. No pixel lighting effect
b. No bump/parallax mapping
c. Very low polygon counts on many objects.
d. Very low texture resolution on most objects.
e. The changing room looks so bland and "2D" (actually, 2D billboards...).
f. Character design so bad.
g. Main square using just 2 billboards to represent the city of your real world location.
h. Nearly no pixel shader effects
- The sea at the square is just plain and ugly.
- The reflection effects are so bad.
2. Performance is so bad.
a. When other players cannot be loaded/synced, a semi-transparent "plastic doll" is used to represent the player.
b. The doll cannot be seen if the background is too dark.
3. Need to download separate area during play instead of patching them before play.
a. Sometimes the network download speed is "awesome".
4. 720p with PlayStation Home but 1080p with Namco arcade game beta...