PlayStation Now Is Best Left for Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
sony like a lot of other media companies have forgotten that there games console is a games console. gamers want powerful hardware to play the latest games on.
gamers want backwards compatibility so they can play there old titles on there new hardware.
we dont need media streaming because the hdd's on the console soon fill up with games never mind adding movies and i suppose tv (soon).

nah they seem to preoccupied with telling the customer what they can have and not enough time listening to the consumer wants.

Free2play_noobs

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
This kind of pricing literally makes no sense,Especially when we all can play the entire PS1,PS2 & PSP library on our PC & also we would be playing PS3 on our PC ,when RPCS3 would be ready(Eventually Vita)
Second of all I don't have enough bandwidth to stream games.
So no it isn't a viable option to me.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
That's some greedy pricing schemes, which will result in low sales. Just make it a subscription service like netflix, and you'll rake in the cash. How disconnected from reality are these companies?

fastcountach

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
It sounds as though from the description that you are only streaming the audio and video and uploading your inputs. The graphic processing is done somewhere else on a server far away compressed to a audio/video feed and streamed to your PS4 or TV. That would explain the graininess, the lag in controls and the ability to use it on a TV that likely doesn't have any powerful graphics hardware.

caqde

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
I would have preferred backwards compatibility, but hey...what do I know...

gamers want backwards compatibility so they can play there old titles on there new hardware.

What both of you need to understand is that Emulating the PS3 with the PS4 hardware is Impossible it cannot be done at playable speeds. The same goes for the XboxOne emulating the Xbox360. The hardware is extremely different. The other issue besides the hardware being to slow to emulate the older systems (yes the hardware is faster than the older systems but the process of emulating is expensive hardware wise) is that the time it would take to make the emulator for the PS3 would likely be similar or longer than making a AAA title for the console basically it takes a lot of man hours to make.

korndog55

Estimable
Jul 7, 2014
Great idea but probably not using all the current technology they could to make it better. VMWare virtualization would allow Sony's host server to share it's video card resources to their vdi (virtual desktop infrastructure) client systems like Tvs, ps3s and ps4s. Client systems like Sony Bravia Tvs could also have better hardware decoding built in to decompress the video/audio that is received. It may take some development to get more compatible with their linux based OS, but it would run better.

paulogy

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
Yes, these imagine quality issues do clean up when using a wired connection. You may want to spend the 10 seconds it takes to put a cable in over simply speculating for your journalism piece next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.