PlayStation Phone Officially Launches This Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
there is no mention of dual-core in the rumored specs. unless the official specs miraculously include a dual-core (undoubtedly tegra 2), pass. hell, i'd pass anyway cause tegra 3 has me drooling :)

btw, when's the rating system gonna be fixed? My ego needs stroking

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I think I'll stick with my Galaxy S thank you very much!
Unless the phone is like a trillion times faster than my SGS and by my understanding it's roughly 1.5x faster if the rumoured spec's are right.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I think I'll stick with my Galaxy S thank you very much!Unless the phone is like a trillion times faster than my SGS and by my understanding it's roughly 1.5x faster if the rumoured spec's are right.[/citation]

A phone that is faster at doing what, may I ask?

/rant
When will this megashpuxel, megaherzel, multicore madness stop please?
I just want a reasonable phone, that I don't have to recharge every day.
I couldn't care less about how smoothly it does wicked sick 3D animations when I open my address book.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Kartu: then buy a regular smartphone, there's millions with good battery life, and all that you want.
The high-end phones are of interest to mobile gamers, and this Sony phone is for THAT MARKET.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
My local Best Buy has one of these on display already....and honestly, to me, it looks and feels like a 10 cent piece of garbage.

bayouboy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Kartu, you are on the wrong website then. To answer you question, it'll never stop, that is the whole point of consumer electronics. Better, faster, stronger.
1/10

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Does anyone know if this will only play PSPOne games or just all downloadable PSP games in general? I'm really hoping this is a full-on PSP.

jimsocks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
I don't think it can play any PSP games. Just the ones from Sonys new game app store. Anyway its using last year hardware so if its affordable I might consider it. Now that Google proven they are like every other phone manufacturer when it comes to updates, I am no longer a fanboy and will buy whatever

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Wow, a lot of people took it upon themselves to shoot this down.
I think the point is the fact it plays PlayStation games, NOT how it stacks up to your personal smart phone's stats.

theshonen8899: Sadly the latest news is that it will only play PS1 games and PS Minis. It will not even play PSP downloadable games QQ

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]A phone that is faster at doing what, may I ask?/rantWhen will this megashpuxel, megaherzel, multicore madness stop please?I just want a reasonable phone, that I don't have to recharge every day. I couldn't care less about how smoothly it does wicked sick 3D animations when I open my address book.[/citation]

don't listen to these miserable tech hungry basterds! you're in the wrong court my friend.....try the Jitterbug *cough* you'll probably like it!

G

This is some good stuff!

The biggest thing about this phone is the slide out game pad. Sure I want as much power as the next guy but if that is all I cared about I would never be able to keep a phone longer than a few months.

Tegra 2 was the BIG thing ... where are the phones? When they do come out they will "suck" because Tegra 3 is around the corner?

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Um... the Playstation Phone doesn't launch this Sunday.
It's announcement of the launch date is this Sunday.

Rumours are suggesting it'll launch in April.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
for plane rides, long road trips, and just boredom sometimes a good portable game system is good. Especially if it doesnt takes less space in your pockets since its also your phone. Ill consider

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]bayouboy[/nom]Kartu, you are on the wrong website then. To answer you question, it'll never stop, that is the whole point of consumer electronics. Better, faster, stronger.1/10[/citation]
Yes. It's the definition of better that will differ between people. My definition of better is a phone with a massive battery life, whereas most others want something that multitasks quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Abj84 Streaming Video & TVs 1
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 2
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 39
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 23
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 8
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 17
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 4
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 8
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 11