Please Google remove this crap because my son read this and threw my laptop in the freezer now it is totally frozen.

Amalia79

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Please Google remove this crap because my son read this and threw my laptop in the freezer now it is totally frozen. Thanks to the moron who decided to do it and post about it.

Solution
There might need to be a talk with your son, as well, to explain that not everything on the Internet is correct, real, advisable, etc.

Sorry about your laptop, thawing out for several days and ensuring it is 100% dry may solve the issue. I would definitely remove the battery while doing this and make sure the external power supply is not attached until you are confident the system is dry.

The HDD/SSD should be fine, even if the other components were damaged (won't know until later, per above).

Good luck.

Amalia79

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

Amalia79

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
The only other link on this site I tried to reply to origionally. Someone put their laptop in the freezer and fell asleep. It's not okay to do it that's how you ruin your device and a post like that allows people to think its okay to just place your laptop in a freezer when it's overheating and that there's a solution to defrosting it. I think the best solution would have been to turn it off and leave it alone for an hour or two.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
There might need to be a talk with your son, as well, to explain that not everything on the Internet is correct, real, advisable, etc.

Sorry about your laptop, thawing out for several days and ensuring it is 100% dry may solve the issue. I would definitely remove the battery while doing this and make sure the external power supply is not attached until you are confident the system is dry.

The HDD/SSD should be fine, even if the other components were damaged (won't know until later, per above).

Good luck.

Solution

There are several million links on this site. We don't know which you're talking about.

As above, not everything on the net is true.

In defense of the original poster, this is the only forum I've ever seen (out of hundreds) where you can't see what other posts a user has replied to.

Mods can. The OP has not posted to any other threads.