Please help choosing laptop for gaming

Fahad Jawad

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Hello everyone

I wil be buying a laptop in a week or two specifically for gaming.
I have to chose between these two laptops:

-"ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71 Core i7-4720HQ 15.6" FHD 16GB 1TB GTX 960M"
-"Alienware 15 Core i5-4210H 15.6" FHD 8GB 1TB GTX 965M"

Can you guys please tell me which one's better among these two? I personally like Alienware because it looks more cool but the problem whit it is it has core i5 processor. I can upgrade Ram later. And the problem with Asus is that it has gtx 960m gpu.

So what do you guys suggest? I know gpu is more important for gaming and so I should go for alienware but will core i5 be able to run all new games on high settings with acceptable fps provided that I will upgrade ram to 16gb and install ssd? or alienware is still behind asus even after upgrading?
So which one's better, Core i7 with gtx 960m or Core i5 with gtx 965m?

Btw what do you guys think about Sager laptops? How is it's quality? is it reliable? I was recommended this laptop by a friend "SAGER NP8670 Core i7-4720HQ 17.3" FHD 8GB 1TB GTX 965M 2GB".It's in the same price range What are your thoughts about this one, especially about this brand?

And if you know a better Alienware laptop than these two in the same price range with core i7 processor and gtx 965m then please suggest me one or any other brand but please not a very expensive one. I initially decided to buy Alienware 17 2136slv. It had everything I wanted but it was out of my budget. It had a big screen too..really wanted that :(

Note:I'm buying laptop because I have to travel alot otherwise I'm a desktop fan and I already own one.
Thanks in advance :)