Please help! My Sony hard drive isn't showing up in my computer.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iziz

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
So I tried to plug in my hard drive into my computer but it's not showing up. The light on the hard drive is blinking and I can feel it, like, vibrate inside, but when I plugged into my computer, it doesn't make any sound. What should I do ? Please help. I have tried going to the Disk Management but my hard drive is also not showing up. And again, I also tried to refresh it and re-scan the disk but the result is still the same. And, I also tried using the 'regedit' method where I need to export something like this -> 3BF...... bla bla bla. But still, the 3BF.... is also not there. Why? why is this happening to me? please help. I want to watch The Mindy Project.

Solution
Hi there Iziz,

You need to start with just changing the cables: USB cable if it is an external drive and both SATA and power one if it is an internal drive.
If the issue persists and the HDD is not recognized by Disk Management, there is a probability that there may be something wrong with the drive. You need to go to BIOS and see whether it is recognized over there. If it is not recognized by BIOS as well, then the drive may have failed.
I guess it will not hurt to connect it to another system.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Iziz,

You need to start with just changing the cables: USB cable if it is an external drive and both SATA and power one if it is an internal drive.
If the issue persists and the HDD is not recognized by Disk Management, there is a probability that there may be something wrong with the drive. You need to go to BIOS and see whether it is recognized over there. If it is not recognized by BIOS as well, then the drive may have failed.
I guess it will not hurt to connect it to another system.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.