Please help screen problem

Josh_94

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015
Hi all I have a hp pavilion laptop and the screen is shattered so I was using my tv with hdmi to play on it and one morning woke up after downloading path of exile and it wouldn't show up on the tv just no signal so I looked it up and tried pressing F8 a few times and enter and F8 and down then enter and tried the fn+ all F keys(monitor change function) but nothing worked so eventually I found someone saying to cut the wires to the screen so I did and now it shows up on my tv but always goes to BIOs when I turn it on and gives me an error saying boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk
Hard disk (3F0)
But when I press F10 it shows Windows 8.1 beside operating system idk what happen, also I've took the laptop apart and made sure the hard drive wasn't loose everything's connected.
This is my fiancés laptop and she's planning on going to college soon but needs her laptop please any help would be much appreciated!!!

Solution
Hi,

Check in BIOS if your HDD is being detected first because if it is you need to have the System Recovery disc for your laptop to work again because the Operating System might had been corrupted by the steps you tried to bring the display back. Lastly, instead of pressing on F10 press F11 as that should load the built in System Recovery stored in your HDD and run the Factory reset from there. If that still doesn't work you might need to contact HP and order a System Recovery disc if you don't have one available.
Hi,

Check in BIOS if your HDD is being detected first because if it is you need to have the System Recovery disc for your laptop to work again because the Operating System might had been corrupted by the steps you tried to bring the display back. Lastly, instead of pressing on F10 press F11 as that should load the built in System Recovery stored in your HDD and run the Factory reset from there. If that still doesn't work you might need to contact HP and order a System Recovery disc if you don't have one available.

Solution