Please suggest a memory card for samsung wave..

oops2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Hello,
I was about to buy a memory card for my samsung wave...but I have read this in phone specs.-->"Expansion:Interfaces: microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash"
" Supports High Capacity (SD 2.0/HC) memory cards with capacity of up to 32GB"
Now I am confused...about the types ( microSD, SDHC and transflash). Which is the fastest card out of these? and the cost difference?
Please explain.
thank you

You won't notice much of a difference between the three, at least in my opinion. I've used both microSD and SDHC and there wasn't any noticeable difference. Transflash I believe is just another name for microSD and are the oldest technology. Newer microSD and SDHC cards can outpace it. Brand wise, I'd recommend Sandisk, as I've been using a 4GB card for 3 years now in two separate phones- very reliable and fast.

oops2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
thanks for the info buwish. yes i have looked over the internet for the info..and found out that T-flash is just another name for microSD and

HC - high capasity
XC - extreme capasity

microSD is 2 GB and below.
microSDHC is between 4 and 64 GB.
microSDXC is 64 GB and up

So they are all same in appearnce too i guess, its just the capacity thing that differes.

oops2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Yes I am thinking of getting a 32 GB card. But will this slow down the phone's normal operation? I mean an empty 32 GB card wont make any difference unless it is almost fully filled with files songs and stuff.
thanks