pliz can any one hgelp i have a laptop acer aspire 6530 everything is fine except thaat the computer jst turns off after 2 min

Tinotenda

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
i turned off my laptop after 3hrs i turned it on again but it won't proceed to the windows menu it suddenly turns off

Solution
Does it do the same thing with the wall power in and on battery?
Can you try running it with the battery removed? That's about a 5-6-7 year old laptop, it may just be on the way out, motherboard most likely with that shut off issue if it happens both with and without a battery. You can try different RAM or one RAM stick at a time, maybe try a Linux Live boot disk and remove the hard drive to rule out a bad drive.
Does it do the same thing with the wall power in and on battery?
Can you try running it with the battery removed? That's about a 5-6-7 year old laptop, it may just be on the way out, motherboard most likely with that shut off issue if it happens both with and without a battery. You can try different RAM or one RAM stick at a time, maybe try a Linux Live boot disk and remove the hard drive to rule out a bad drive.

Solution

Prairie Frost

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Acers (I have about 12) are bad for over heating. Turning off that fast might be a heat problem, I have had a few (too many). It really doesnt take long to over heat.Try cleaning the old thermal paste off the CPU and Video Heat Sink. (if it has one) and applying new thermal past.

Recently I have had 2 Acers where the power button was shorting out. I am lucky I have spares of everything Acer.

Maybe someone else can help you with starting. a Laptop with power button disconnected? Both need some taking apart some of your laptop. Don't put it back together after until you try a solution that works..

Good Luck!

TRENDING THREADS