Plug the red white & yellow into the back of my tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2018
Audio i input white red video green blue & red I'm only trying to connect cable box with red yellow & white plug ins don't know the order in which they used to be plugged in???

Solution

White and red are audio left and right.

Green, blue, and red are component. A type of analog video where the different parts of the video signal are separated into three different wires.

Yellow is composite - where the different parts of the video signal are combined into a single signal.

Composite and component are not compatible unless your TV has been designed to take a composite signal into one of the component sockets as described above. You cannot plug the yellow plug into any one of the green, blue, or red, and get correct video. Generally you...

White and red are audio left and right.

Green, blue, and red are component. A type of analog video where the different parts of the video signal are separated into three different wires.

Yellow is composite - where the different parts of the video signal are combined into a single signal.

Composite and component are not compatible unless your TV has been designed to take a composite signal into one of the component sockets as described above. You cannot plug the yellow plug into any one of the green, blue, or red, and get correct video. Generally you will need some sort of adapter to do that, and it'll probably be priced high enough that a composite-to-HDMI adapter may be cheaper. Your best bet is to search the back of your TV for a red/white/yellow audio + composite input. Most TVs with component input also have composite input, since they're both analog.

Solution
^ a lot of newer tv's multi purpose composite through component.

If so the green will have an extra label of y/video - this appears to have become a standard among manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.