Plugged In,Charging STUCK FOREVER 0%

Mar 11, 2018
Hello everyone,i need help here

I have Asus F751MA Laptop.
Few months ago i broke screen monitor of Asus,then i send for replacement,but when i received it back,my battery actually wont charge...It says all time "Plugged In Charging" but it stays forever on 0%...

I bought new battery still nothing
I bought new motherboard STILL NOTHING

People,please any solution????

I would try charging it while the laptop is turned off. If it will charge then, but not when on, then it may well be the charger that is the issue. Since the computer registered it as plugged in, it is doubtful that it is the charging port. Also, if it won't charge even when turned off, I would would at replacing the charger.

If you know someone with a similar device (same charging needs, make sure it is the same) then you can try their charger on your device and/or try yours on theirs.

Mar 11, 2018
I tried to charge it 2 hours when laptop was off,still nothing...
Also i used a polymeter to check the voltage of Power Adapter,it says 19,7 V(seems to me it works fine)

I start to believe when they changed my screen monitor,they may damaged the DC Jack inside

Mar 11, 2018
I changed DC jack still nothing
I tried all posibilities i didn't find any solution

Also i tried my two batteries (my old and new one)

PLUGGED CHARGING 0%

Someone Give Me Lights

Mar 11, 2018

I already bought new motherboard and problem insists

Both old and new motherboard reacts the same way....Non of them charge my batteries

Mar 11, 2018

Charging Circuit connects with a 8pin cable on motherboard

I bought also new charging circuit but still nothing

Also i saw something!!!!

When i log to windows 8,the icon battery start to charge....Then i tried something else
I gave a shutdown to Asus and i disconnected the battery cable from motherboard...I start laptop again and guess what??

THE ICON BATTERY CHARGE WITH NO BATTERY CONNECTED ON MOTHERBOARD!!!!!

I was so confused and i tried my old motherboard....
The same problem on both motherboards

I dont understand why is this happening,also how the icon battery started to charge WITH NO BATTERY CONNECTED???

Also i forgot!!!!!

I tried with powercfg /battery report to see if my motherboard show my battery

My laptop recognize the battery but it don't give any stats for charge,power

Only the 31W

If i confused you give me few days to post photos

That's probably normal Windows stupidity. I disconnected the battery in my laptop (was using it plugged in all the time and have already replaced it twice due to it bulging). Windows 10 reports it as "Plugged in and charging" and "100% Fully charged" even though there's no battery. The icon is correct though - a battery with an x through it, and the power cable to indicate it's on AC.

You said you broke the screen a few months ago. Do you remember the charge state when you sent the laptop to Asus? Li-ion batteries are very sensitive to overcharging or over-discharging. Attempting to charge the battery once it has reached one of these two states can result in it catching fire or exploding. So as a safety precaution, Li-ion charging circuits are designed to kill the battery if it detects either of these situations has occurred. If your battery was at 0% or close to it when you sent it to Asus, it's possible it self-discharged below this over-discharged threshold while it sat on their shelf awaiting service. Once that happens, the circuitry built into the battery would kill it and prevent it from being charged again.

If that's what happened, the battery is dead. You'll need to buy a new one. This is why if you plan to store a Li-ion battery unused for several months, you should charge it to 50%-70% before.

Nov 11, 2018
"If your battery was at 0% or close to it when you sent it to Asus, it's possible it self-discharged below this over-discharged threshold while it sat on their shelf awaiting service. Once that happens, the circuitry built into the battery would kill it and prevent it from being charged again."

So if they have such circuitry, can they also turn it off, so supervised charging can be done without need to buy new battery? I have the same problem, and am looking also looking for a solution.

PC Magazine had an article here: https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404104,00.asp, and they write that in Device Manager you should see under Batteries three items: Battery, Charger/adapter and Microsoft ACPI. I don't have the Battery item, is that because this circuitry took it out of circuit??