Plugged in not charging even after motherboard replacement

Deepak_137

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Ú
Just bought a dell vostro 3558 laptop previous year. Then one day suddenly i started getting a problem in which a message pops up and say that your ac adapter is unknown and the battery might not charge. From that day my laptop stopped charging. After many tries with other ac adapters and battery, i figured it out that problem was not with these. So i convinced dell to change my motherboard. They changed it and the laptop worked fine but within a month the same problem has come again and my warranty has ended. No repair shop can identify this problem cause and my laptop has become a computer( everytime i have to power it with adapter). This whole problem actually began when i was trying to install ubuntu but after unsuccessful attempts , my windows stopped working and when i tried to reinstall it, it was not installing so i tried to change it from uefi to legacy mode, it installed but from that time onwards, the error message of unknown ac adapter started coming and the laptop stopped charging. Any help will be appreciated.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Deepak_137 : "Plugged in not charging"