Plugged in, not charging (non-removable battery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraplhroforhsh

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
Hello! How possibly can i fix my hp laptop that its battery is non-removable and it is at 11% currently(plugged in, not charging)
Keep in mind that if i unplug the ac adapter it automatically shuts down.
Thank you in advance!

Zombie_WeeD

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
i had the same ishue with my hp laptop and fixed it by doing almost the same steps as a removable battery one only diff is you dont remove the battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0UgKoR7FI

that video is a walkthrough of how to do it for a non removable battery.

note this only works if you have at least enough power to unplug the laptop without it powering off imidiatly if you have 10% or more you should be good.

if you have 10% or more and it turns off imidiatly when you unplug it you need to change your power settings to not auto shutdown/hibernate when power is low.

ababypilot

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
I've had this issue twice in a year with my Envy 15 convertible. BOTH times I was able to(ultimately after a lot of other bs) resolve by going to hp's website and updating the BIOS. Honestly, I have no idea what that even is but was lucky enough to read something about it in a forum the first time it happened. Worked like a charm. So second time around (5 months later) was a lot faster and easier to resolve.

Hope this helps - good luck all.

TheHeadmare

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I also have this problem with my HP Ultrabook 4.It's currently at 44%, not charging & if I unplug it, it just shuts down. I looked at updating the BIOS, but with all the warnings I'm a bit leary.

Status
Not open for further replies.