Plugged in universal power supply w/ volt selection and lost power.

zunigast

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
Plugged in universal power supply w/ volt selection up to 12v w/universal tip and might have had it reversed.
Pluged it in and it shut off and wouldn't restart (no power). Took apart at later time by disconnecting the parts, plugged it in and it powered on so put "all" back together, plugged in and nothing.
Don't know what I did right or wrong but I tried to repeat at a later time and nothing at all.
HELP

hang-the-9

Titan
Try it without the battery. You may have killed the charger port or the motherboard if you had something plugged in wrong on the power supply. If it won't turn on even without the battery, try unplugging the battery, unplug wall power and hold in the power button for 30 seconds, try again on only wall power. Use the original power supply not the universal one just to rule that out as an issue.

If that does not work, need to have the motherboard look at to repace the power connector or the motherboard itself.

hang-the-9

Titan
Try it without the battery. You may have killed the charger port or the motherboard if you had something plugged in wrong on the power supply. If it won't turn on even without the battery, try unplugging the battery, unplug wall power and hold in the power button for 30 seconds, try again on only wall power. Use the original power supply not the universal one just to rule that out as an issue.

If that does not work, need to have the motherboard look at to repace the power connector or the motherboard itself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
milkwiway Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
pyro_isn_oob Laptop Tech Support 4
Arash.jahd Laptop Tech Support 0
magicalfry Laptop Tech Support 2
Hammy953 Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 1
aecanive Laptop Tech Support 0