Solved! Plugged old mouse into two laptops and both of them broke

Jul 13, 2021
Hi, the mouse that I have been using broke so I found an old mouse at home that I used 7-8 years ago. As soon as I plugged it into my laptop, the laptop turned off and wouldn’t turn back on. It won’t even show any light or indication that it has power. I then plugged the mouse into a different laptop and same thing happened.. I threw the mouse as it’s corrupted obviously but how do I try to fix these laptops now?

Solution
Unplug the main battery and the CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, then plug everything back in and see if it turns on. A USB surge can fry the motherboard, if resetting the BIOS and motherboard with the flea power dissipation does not work, you may have a dead laptop.
Unplug the main battery and the CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, then plug everything back in and see if it turns on. A USB surge can fry the motherboard, if resetting the BIOS and motherboard with the flea power dissipation does not work, you may have a dead laptop.

Solution