Plugging an ethernet cable into my PC but other devices still able to use WiFi

Andrew_106

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
Hello guys so kind of a stupid question but i was wondering if i connect an ethernet cable from my Modem into my new desktop computer to deliver it internet connect will other devices still be able to access the internet while im plugged into the ethernet connection?

Hi Andrew,

Yes, your router should be capable of handling internet access to multiple devices, whether wired or wireless. Keep in mind that if you connect multiple devices and have them using a lot of bandwidth simultaneously, you might see your internet access speed across all devices slow down.

Hi Andrew,

Yes, your router should be capable of handling internet access to multiple devices, whether wired or wireless. Keep in mind that if you connect multiple devices and have them using a lot of bandwidth simultaneously, you might see your internet access speed across all devices slow down.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dclxvi13 Laptop Tech Support 2
NTManiac Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 0
johnshammer100 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
Ashar786 Laptop Tech Support 0
Guadol Laptop Tech Support 0
acljaya Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 1
ImMariaJoao Laptop Tech Support 0