Plugging Headset into Surround Sound

rootman

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
Hello, I want to buy a Sennheiser GAME ZERO, it uses a 3.5mm jack, a lot of people state that you won't get the most out of this headset if you plug it directly into your PC. They suggest you use an amp.

My surround sound volume control has a 3.5mm port for headphones, would it be suitable to plug it in there, or would I need an amp?

Thanks for your time

jtibbs

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
I have these and the sound seems fine to me. The headphones come with a converter that the headphones plug into via the 3.5mm jacks for both the mic and speakers. However, this headphone requires you to install drivers for it to fully support the converter. The reason I say this is because they provide no information that this needs to be done and the disc that comes with it doesn't hold the drivers you need. You have to go to their website and download the drivers for 8.1 and install those if you are using windows 10. They do not have drivers specifically for windows 10 but the 8.1 drivers work fine.

Once the drivers are install you should reboot your machine, there should be a prompt to ask you to run the drivers and then it'll place a sennheiser icon in the system tray, right click it and you can instantly switch the sound type you want between about 5 options. For surround sound to have to choose the 5.1 or 7.1 and make sure the converter is switched on. The whole face place on top is the switch and should light up with the proper drivers installed. This all took me about a half hour to figure out on my own.

jtibbs

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
Also the drivers have to be started each time the machine starts. I have the program to run at startup so as soon as it launches I just hit OK and its good to go. There is a clear difference between the sound quality of the converter being on or off so you'll know if its working or not.

TRENDING THREADS