Plz Help!!! Acer aspire e5 wont turn on and battery and cord are connected

Devinwells

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Last night I closed the screen of my laptop and noticed that neither the blue, nor orange light were on or flashing. After that, I tried turning it on by pressing, and holding the power button. Nothing would happen and the screen stayed black. I saw suggestions to take out the battery, hold power button and plug it all back in but the battery isnt easily accessible and I believe its internal. Please Help!

Solution
The instructions are right. You need to take out the battery and the cord to do that....

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop...
The instructions are right. You need to take out the battery and the cord to do that....

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Solution

John_1959

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
These instructions fixed my problem but I traced the actual CAUSE back to the laptop unintentionally going into sleep mode and failing to wake. It's my wife's laptop and as a 30 year IT tech, I NEVER use sleep mode because of the issues it can create. I had already changed the power settings to sleep = never, but I had to go to advance power settings to disable the Sleep on laptop close option when plugged in.

John_1959

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

Try the instructions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrZiDemnWmk for removing the battery. It's not intuitive. Closing the laptop normally puts the computer in sleep mode, something that often doesn't work well. You can disable that in the Power Settings. Look for an option for laptop lid.