Police Raid Gizmodo Editor's Home Over iPhone 4G

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
a-hem doesn't it sound a slight bit sketchy guys that someone left not just a regular iphone but a prototype at a bar? how many of your buddies who own gay (oops) iphones leave them at random public places? seriously, they were issued a warrant and are researching what is going on here. the whole thing sounds like a sham to me and the guy in the photo here doesn't look like someone who has much of a clue either. if it was me, I would have given the phone back to apple. you just know you are in deep sh*t if you release photos early and were not issued the device by the manufacturer. this guy apparantly has no brains.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
What if the Apple employe talks to a news tech-site owner to "leave" an iPhone prototype in a public bar, someone founds the device, sells it to a news site owner and then it all appears as a casual mistake? If you are responsible for the employes security who you believe. Everyone?

Is Apple in a position to believe anyone's version in this incident or is Apple entitled to at least initiate a formal police investigation?

Is Gizmodo soliciting or buying in an illegal manner someone else property?

But if any police procedure is not justified by any law, why is Apple to blame?
And why the police considered and went with this procedure?

Up until now Apple is legitimate entitled to initiate an investigation. What happens after this and how it ends I don't know... I am going to wait for new information before jumping into a conclusion.

I hope Gizmodo people to be clean after this incident and I really wish the best for the guy who left the prototype in the bar. But you know we have rights and we have laws.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
what if..

solution: boycott apple.

[citation][nom]jecastej[/nom]What if the Apple employe talks to a news tech-site owner to "leave" an iPhone prototype in a public bar, someone founds the device, sells it to a news site owner and then it all appears as a casual mistake? If you are responsible for the employes security who you believe. Everyone?Is Apple in a position to believe anyone's version in this incident or is Apple entitled to at least initiate a formal police investigation?Is Gizmodo soliciting or buying in an illegal manner someone else property?But if any police procedure is not justified by any law, why is Apple to blame?And why the police considered and went with this procedure?Up until now Apple is legitimate entitled to initiate an investigation. What happens after this and how it ends I don't know... I am going to wait for new information before jumping into a conclusion.I hope Gizmodo people to be clean after this incident and I really wish the best for the guy who left the prototype in the bar. But you know we have rights and we have laws.[/citation]

G

looks like iphone 4g's sale will suffer for all this mess!.. Apple is goin too nazi now, prototypes get 'stolen'(read: nokia > eldar, latest) .. V hear this everynow and then - No big deal!
This was a 'lost' proto not stolen.. So y r they behaving like coupla a**holes - hello apple (read: sob steve), let the media do its job and u go watch yr *ss.. So it wont happen again..sorry u cant control the world but go manage ye rotten fruit basket - control freak!

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008

jkay69

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
I hear a lot of people saying they will never buy an apple product again because of this. Would any of you have bought one in the first place?

I personally have not purchased or owned a single apple product in my life and I don't ever intend to unless Apple change their business model to one that doesn't lock you into their controlled content, profit oriented, overpriced, under powered devices.

It's a shame they operate like this, they do make trully stylish devices. It's just I don't like being forced to pay more for less.

The fact is that the iPhone 4G is going to be bigger than big! This will only serve to make the people who want one want one more. The fact that people are saying they won't buy one means nothing as they probably wouldn't have anyways.

Apple have a knack for marketing and PR, they like to control the market they operate in and I see this as no different, people will forget about this in no time and the loyal Apple customers won't be phased at all, they are generally hardcore loyalists who believe tremendous untruths about how secure and virus resilient Apple products are, even when evidence shows that is not true.

However I do still feel Apple is right to expect justice, I know I would.

jkeopka

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Unbelievable.

I think its amazing people stand by the evil that is Apple.

I want to see this story get as much publicity as possible so more people can see Apple through glasses that aren't sugarcoated.

G

[citation][nom]simple_inhibition[/nom]we have just witnessed Apples newest product, introducing the iRaid![/citation]

I suspect the journalist is calling it the iLose.

kooltime

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Why is everyone bashing apple for wanting their stuff back ??

To much politics now adays, not enough straight talk:
1. was it stolen (yes or no ) ?
a. if yes, then they are taking the correct path, catch those scum bag thieves and do all you can to get em in jail.
b. if no, then let the politics bashing and wars with IRAQ -lies begin.

Pick your choice??

kooltime

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
This Chen guy deserves MORON of the Year award for stupid thievery for sure.

He posted pics of himself on his company he works for web site of himself with the incriminating Stolen property.

Hey Chen next post is you with the MONA LISA right ?? Steal that and post pics on gizmodo next week for us will ya please, LOL

iphones is a multi billion dollar business, posting pics of you with stolen goods is good thing to do ?? hahahaha

kooltime

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jgiron[/nom]what crime did that person to commit to have his house and items searched? I see an multitude of lawsuits here and I hope the national news gets hold of this and shines the spot light on this in justice. This is a definite violation of free of press and Apple Mafia>

STOLEN PROPERTY ?? Does that answer your question??

Status
Not open for further replies.