Police Raid PS3 Hacker's Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I still don't understand what legal grounds sony is using for this... I always figured when you bought something what you did with it was your own business

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Sony, this is why you suck.

And also why I went from PS2 to Xbox and ran linux on it.
And why I smashed my PS3 when they removed other OS support.

And while i'm at it, you also suck overall for punishing people who DO use the hacked devices to perform the function they originally were promised to have.

G

If Sony were smart they would have made this guy an offer, a pay off or a job even. He's obviously smart enough to work along side their head designers. But they think their lawyers and red tape can stop someone a step ahead of them at his own game.

w35751d3

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Sony, this is why you suck.And also why I went from PS2 to Xbox and ran linux on it.And why I smashed my PS3 when they removed other OS support.And while i'm at it, you also suck overall for punishing people who DO use the hacked devices to perform the function they originally were promised to have.[/citation]
i myself am selling my ps3 right now because i have no more use for it......why didn't sony go after the air force for creating a cluster with 1760 ps3's???

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I guarantee that Sony has wasted more money persecuting Geohot and Graf_chokolo then they'd ever even dream of losing in damages... I can only see hacked consoles being a way for them to make money, i mean, plenty of people bought the console expressly to run Linux, and even being able to do that with a hacked console is a buying point... So they're shooting themselves in the foot. Good job Sony!

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Graf_chokolo will probably spend his next 5 or 10 years in prison for this.

Graf_chokolo and Sony both lose, everybody else wins.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Seriously though, If you purchase the console, then you have the right to do with it as you please, it is not Sony's property anymore.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
Seems to me that this is like one of the auto manufacturers telling you that when you buy a car, you cannot customize it.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]PudgyChicken[/nom]I guarantee that Sony has wasted more money persecuting Geohot and Graf_chokolo then they'd ever even dream of losing in damages... I can only see hacked consoles being a way for them to make money, i mean, plenty of people bought the console expressly to run Linux, and even being able to do that with a hacked console is a buying point... So they're shooting themselves in the foot. Good job Sony![/citation]

i bought a ds for the sole reason of a text reader, a pda like functionality, and mp3 player. and i did it because i thought it was awesome at the time, a touch screen mp3 player where the touch screen wasnt small as hell, and i could use a stylis, not forced to use my giant fingers... i hate how apple and other abandoned the stylis for what reason? we all have skinny fingers?

G

So, metaddicta, if I bought a car, and the owner's manual says 'this engine is tuned for optimal fuel economy. Do not replace the exhaust system or other components', and then I go slap a nice big 4" exhaust on it, you'd think it was OK if Toyota send the cops over to my house to take my car, my toolbox, and my garage door remote control?

Status
Not open for further replies.