poor International reception on calls

Thanatos0042

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
Greetings,

I'm just not a phone guy and really don't know all that much about cell phones and cell networks and such. I know and understand less about international networks and calling, so thank you for reading my post and trying to help -- in advance.

So, I am in the US and have a Samsung Galaxy 3 using Sprint and have a Wi-Fi Connection as well as 4GLite. I usually have 3 or 4 bars and I use a blue tooth headset.

I'm afraid I don't know what my friend uses right at the moment, but it is a smartphone, but I'm in the process of finding out. My friend is in Australia. My friend is about 5 minutes outside of Perth.

When we call each other, our cell reception is really poor. It sounds like my friend is in a huge empty room and everything is fuzzy or echoing and my friend is yelling.

According to my friend, I am choppy and my voice breaks up a lot as well as fades in and out.

So what can be done to improve these phone calls.

Would using calling cards work better since local exchanges are used?
Would it be better to try and use Skype or yahoo voice?
Buying one of those add-on antennas?

I'll try to convince my friend to do whatever solutions are advised so that all things remain even.

I'm just not sure of all the things I should try and would really appreciate some help. Thank you.

If both phones work fine in the country, nothing you can add on will work better for your connection over the phone service. Skype may work better as it uses the internet connection not the voice service.

You can also try the support of your phone company, although they will both just say it's the other ones fault.