Popup virus how to remove?

Rawr87

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
I'm having trouble with deleting this one annoying popup software. Adblock can block it but it have to manually add it to adblock on each website. It's this small window on any website you visit which links into another website. Possibly created for increased internet traffic to generate money. I think it has something to do with adserver (it was one of the sites trying to send me to)

I have ESET nod32 smart security 8, i downloaded adaware and use it in compatibility mode. I also have malwarebytes, used adwcleaner and hitmanpro. Checked programs under desktop panel, no unknown program. Tried resetting browser didnt work (This virus is in multiple platforms anyway so i dont think its related to that). Problem still persists. Has anyone encountered similar thing, if so what steps did u take to remove it?

PS: i dont do windows backups ( bad habit i know but too late for that) so that option is out of the window too i believe.

Issue still unfixed

xxHAPPYxx

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
look in your control panel and programs. Any programs you don't know what are search them up online. If they turn out to be adware delete them immediately. I had adware on my computer.

Rawr87

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
yepp checked that as well HAPPY, i know what every single program there does as well.

Also both extensions and plugins are clean. here are what i use

Extensions:
adblock 2.43
adblockplus 1.9.3
java for chrome 1.8.4
Quick Javascript Switcher 1.3.2

Plugins:
Widevine Content Decryption Module 1.4.8.824 (offline)
chrome pdf viewer (offline)
native client (offline after this problem)
adobe Flash player 19.0.0.245 (on)

Rawr87

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
not any program no but i do use torrent quite often. Thats why i need to recognize how this type of popups work and where i need to strike to remove it. Scouring my external drive without knowing where to look is impossible.

xxHAPPYxx

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
I would get somthing like norton security or macafee for a trile and do a full scan. It will take around an hour to 2 hour depending on your stuff but will definatly find anything bad on your computer then you will know if its the websites or your computer

Rawr87

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
doesnt matter which browser im using. Its global, which means there is a malware in system that somehow managed to evade, nod32/adaware/malwarebytes/hitmanpro/adwcleaner which is rather scary how the hell something like this evades any of those programs i do not understand to be honest

Rawr87

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
did that already, can ppl please read the original post before commenting? At this rate i'm gonna have to do a format which is horrible because it'll take a day to clean out harddrive and install everything