Solved! Portable car Stereo

May 13, 2021
Hello all, I am new to this form and I wanted to say hi. I have a question. I have a car stereo and speakers that I want to put into an old Ammo Can for my garage and other places. What I am wanting to do is connect a power supply to it while close to a power outlet and then use the 12 volt sealed lead battery while away from a power source. I would like for the battery to be charging while I have it plugged up. Is this possible? I have a relay that I was going to use. I have been watching some YouTube Videos of this guy doing it, but when it come to electrical work, I am a complete NOOB. Can someone please help. I hate to be like this but yall are smart and your going have to talk dumb to me. If you dont mind explain to me what your saying. I am very mechanical inclined, just not with electrical stuff.

Thank you so much in advance.

I am glad to be part of this forum. I might learn something from yall

Solution
Just buy a UPS, has a battery, has a charger for the battery, you will just need a bit of work to convert the standard power plugs on them for use with a portable amp
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CziqN3A423Q

Or just buy a bluetooth speakers with a battery and everything built in with everything you need. More easy to setup, bluetooth connector for phone/tablet/PC. JBL Charge is good and gets pretty loud, for even more loudness you can go up to the JBL Extreme, you can find them used all over the place.
Just buy a UPS, has a battery, has a charger for the battery, you will just need a bit of work to convert the standard power plugs on them for use with a portable amp
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CziqN3A423Q

Or just buy a bluetooth speakers with a battery and everything built in with everything you need. More easy to setup, bluetooth connector for phone/tablet/PC. JBL Charge is good and gets pretty loud, for even more loudness you can go up to the JBL Extreme, you can find them used all over the place.

Solution