Portable Gaming Laptops?

Thxmas

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Hey, i need a portable gaming laptop, available in Australia. Please 13-14". Im going to be using it for school in a Multimedia and IST class, Graphic Design and for gaming. Nothing over $2000 AUD. Preferably something light and thin. I was looking at the Alienware 13 and i thought it was decent, unfortunately the Aorus laptops are close to impossible to find here.

Solution

I usually go Gigabyte or MSI, look at the prices over at scorptec, you should be able to find something that fits, including Aorus... (though I wouldn't consider a sub-$2000 aorus today) and usually ready to pick up immediately. one warning though - if you are thinking "Gaming" as in latest action games on high+ settings, then you may want to look at the Pascal (i.e...

rorschakjenkins

Estimable
Jul 24, 2015

I usually go Gigabyte or MSI, look at the prices over at scorptec, you should be able to find something that fits, including Aorus... (though I wouldn't consider a sub-$2000 aorus today) and usually ready to pick up immediately. one warning though - if you are thinking "Gaming" as in latest action games on high+ settings, then you may want to look at the Pascal (i.e. 1060, 1070, 1080) generation nvidia cards as they have a ridiculous increase over the previous generation, but that would take you over 2k.

Solution

tniemuth95

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
MSI GS43VR. 14" 1080p screen, GTX 1060, and only weighs 3.75 lbs. I've played around with them at microcenter and am just waiting for a sale to pounce on one. They're nice.