Portable Sega Saturn Looks More Like Lunchbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
"stating that he watched Wayne's World 2 while the battery wasn't fully charged. "

lmao. i can just picture the person who builds a portable saturn (why the hell pick a saturn? why not a cd-i or something with even fewer decent games while you're at it) to walk about watching waynes world.

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]polly the parrot[/nom]I've got the perfect joke, but I think we all know the answer."But can it play Crysis?"[/citation]

that is the lamest joke, get outta here with that crap.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
ER...........................

HITACHI MADE A PORTABLE SATURN IN 1995!

it was called the Saturn Navi and it has GPS satnav built in, Lmao this guy got owned ^^

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I wish someone would make a decent Sega Saturn emulator, there are couple but work with mixed results. I used to own a Saturn back in the day and enjoyed every second of it even though it was a mistake not to get the Playstation.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Shame they had Manx TT on the unit. Okay game, but Tantalus couldn't program Saturn titles if their lives depended on it. At least, not compared to, say, Sonic Team or Team Andromeda.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
SSF works fine for me, sure it doesn't play some videos correctly and there's a couple of sound stutters at points, but with a PII X3 710, 2GB of RAM and 4830 512B, things are sweet.

(and before people inevitably jump on me, a) emulators aren't illegal, b) I am using the original CDs and not copies, and c) SSF doesn't require a BIOS to work and as such doesn't come with it, but it's perfectly legal to own the BIOS file for the machine that you own)

G

I owned both the sega saturn and the PSX when they launched. I used to buy alot of imported japanese games for the saturn. It was a great console imho, I loved playing sega rally, and the jap imports. Alot more fun than the early playstation titles. It only failed because game developers allways port to a platform which has greater graphics capability. It's no different to this day, and why the dreamcast lost out to the ps2. It's all about the graphic fanboys who'd rather look at a pretty screen than play anything with substance to it.

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
The Sega Saturn was a very under-appreciated system.
I had one when they came out and I loved it. Daytona USA, Virtua Cop, Panzer Dragoon, Die Hard Arcade, alot of great games.
Graphics were decent on many titles as well.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Technically the Saturn was a superior spec system to the PSX and this showed in later games, the problem was it was a LOT harder to code for and Sony put a massive amount of money into PSX advertising and publicity

If you were a game developer would you make games for the more popular and easier to program system or the other one?

having both a Saturn and a PSX was useful because games like Resident Evil and Street Fighter Alpha 3 were much better on the Saturn

Status
Not open for further replies.