Possible damage to Headphones?

Jun 13, 2018
Hi Everyone

I just bought a SteelSeries Arctis pro + GameDac headset. It is one of the top gaming headsets and cost me around 250€

Yesterday (the day I got the headset) I was playing while talking online with my friend, suddenly my friend has to sneeze, totally forgetting about his mic right at his mouth. Resulting in that I get a really loud scratchy static sent through my headset. I am very worried about if this could cause damage?

The noise was very loud, at the point where it hurt my ears a bit (though not at a level where i from pure reflex would pull of the headset). However the headphones were not close to full gain, as we were just playing games. I dont think i have noticed any difference in sound from the headset since the incident, though i had only had the headset for a few hours when this happened, so it's limited how well i can judge this

Thanks in advance for any input

Regards

(a very worried) Eclipezz

Solution
I think your headset is fine.

If the headset is designed well (for that price it should be)....it should be able to take pretty anything that the signal can throw at it.

That signal has specs of it's own....as in...it can't go above X volts.

Well designed headphones should be able to handle X volts....so as I said....I think your headset should be fine.
I think your headset is fine.

If the headset is designed well (for that price it should be)....it should be able to take pretty anything that the signal can throw at it.

That signal has specs of it's own....as in...it can't go above X volts.

Well designed headphones should be able to handle X volts....so as I said....I think your headset should be fine.

Solution