Power bank for Lenovo y50 70 laptop

graphixo

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
Hello peoples,
I'm amir and i am a freelance graphic designer.
I live in a small village we have power outages most of the day which affect my work badly,
I want to buy a power bank for charging my laptop when i have power outage,
Can any one suggests me which power bank i should buy.
Btw my laptop is lenovo y50 70
I wll be very thankful for your kind reply guys.

Greetings, graphixo:

Here are two options, starting with an obvious one at $70:

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?hide_menu_area=true&GroupID=460&Code=4XV0H34181#techspecs

The Stack uses a USB port and should be perfectly suited for your Lenovo. I don't know how prolonged those power outages are, but 10000mAh should buy you some time. But if that doesn't cut it, there's this 32000mAh option at $100:

http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-Pilot-Pro-32000mAh-Multi-Voltage/dp/B00DN0KBXU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1446914438&sr=8-2&keywords=Powerbank+for+Laptop
From what I can tell, this power bank package includes an adapter for your Y50.

Generally speaking, not all power banks will feed both laptops and smartphones, and make sure the package includes an adapter for your Y50.

Best regards,
GreyCatz

graphixo

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
Thanks for you Reply, i really appreciate it, and i'm going to buy the 2nd option 32000mAh,
just one thing need to know, i read a post somewhere and it was written there that you should find out how much mAH your laptop needs, i don't know their exact saying but they meant if you buy a power bank with more mAh it can affect on your battery,
wondering if i buy it with 32000 mAH, are you sure it won't affect on my laptop battery or its life?
i Dn't know much about what my laptop specs are, its a gift form my sister and that's why i posted thread might someone knows about y5070 model and can suggest me a power bank which suites it best.
Thanks

Hello, graphixo:
Well, this is embarrasing!

I dug a bit deeper and it turns out the ThinkPad Stack is incompatible with the Y50-70 for voltage reasons. My deepest apologies.

I would still imagine that the Y50-70, designed for 20V @ 6.75A, should be compatible with the PowerAdd as it can be set for 20V @ 4.5A. If that's not the case, I'm very sorry to have wasted your time.

Best regards,
GreyCatz.

Eli_1_

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
Hello there Amir! I have the same laptop and I had no idea how difficult it would be to find a power bank for it, so did you find one that works with the lenovo Y50-70?

Those are for charging the battery, not for using while running off the battery pack. If you want to use the laptop during power outages you need a decent UPS system if you want to run it for more than a few minutes. Price will be quite a bit, the decent models will be starting at over $200 for short run-time up to thousands for longer run time.

graphixo

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014

Ni I haven't found, and i purchased a Generator, whenever i have power outage for long time i use generator for power