Solved! Power button broken off I need to power laptop on .

Jul 12, 2019
I have a gateway- NP56RO3H laptop And the power button was sticking and I had to use a fingernail or knife to lift it to start the the laptop. My kids needed to use the laptop and used a knife to lift up the power button and the power button came right off. Now the laptop won’t turn on at all. Is there anyway to start the laptop without having to take it apart?

Solution
You will need to fix the button. NOTE: If the laptop is under warranty, don't open it up yourself. Contact the manufacturer, otherwise you could void the warranty.
Jul 26, 2019
I have a gateway- NP56RO3H laptop And the power button was sticking and I had to use a fingernail or knife to lift it to start the the laptop. My kids needed to use the laptop and used a knife to lift up the power button and the power button came right off. Now the laptop won’t turn on at all. Is there anyway to start the laptop without having to take it apart?
Take out the battery of the laptop and put it back in after a few mins. Use a knife or any pointed object and try to put force on the button. In case that doesn't work, use a tiny object like a bearing ball. Keep it on the power button and then press it.