Power button not responsive either with or without battery.

imaskingu4help

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
please help me!!my laptop acer aspire v5-431 series model no MS2360 can't even switched on! i've try since yesterday but it doesn't work. it's just a black screen without says "acer" or whatevr, only black screen. what's the problem? i've a acer laptop before and it's goes the same thing as the repair shop said the motherboard was problem. do you thing the problem at this time is same as before??

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will not work do reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Next to try if it's still on a black screen but you can hear the fans spinning is to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display from it.
- If you'll see a display from the external monitor that could mean that there's an issue with the built in display. Press the Windows key + P at the same time and select "Computer Only". If it will still not work you may need to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard and if it will still not work that means the built in display is faulty.
- If there's still not display on the external monitor that means it's a motherboard problem.
- But if there's no light or fan movement inside the laptop do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.

imaskingu4help

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016

I forgot to mention that i've already tested its adapter to other same laptop and it charging perfectly. so i think this prob does not come from the adapter. this morning when i switched on the button it still black screen but the display battery indicator blinked for few secs, no fan sound, no etc. its remain black screen. i think this time i should send the laptop to service centre before its too late. Btw i've appreciate yr suggestion and really much thanks for replying me. :)