Question Power dropping when charger plugged on seemingly dead laptop

Aug 24, 2019
Good day to anybody reading this and thanks for coming.

I have an Acer V3-471 wich was working fine until yesterday. Suddenly when plugged it just gave no sign of life (no charging led). I tried with another charger with no luck so I decided to tear it down to check if something blew.

The motherboard looks good and the charger gives me the 19 volts being unplugged but things become weird when its plugged to the motherboard.

When plugged to the motherboard, the voltage drops to a measly .04v with any charger and it stays like that even when getting it unplugged from the laptop. It only starts to giving back the 19v when disconnected from the wall and waiting some seconds before plugging it again. I tested all three chargers on another Acer laptop and all three worked flawlessly.

I got the schematics from the Internet but since I dont have experience reading them, the use I could get from them was pretty slim.

Also, with an universal charger, an AOL1413 (wich if my google-fu is correct should be a mosfet) gets really hot on touch. This does NOT happen when the original charger is plugged thought.

Getting a new motherboard is not an option for me honestly, so I would like to fix it or at least find what is wrong if possible so any help is appreciated.

Also have in consideration that, while I have a cheap multimeter, Im quite new about how to use it.

I can provide any additional info if needed, thanks in advance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zkneedhelp Laptop Tech Support 0
DariusEldritch Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 3
ionutdragos Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
Silent_ Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
nivedn3 Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3